Weekly tips on producing an online course.
One useful tip in video form every week. No spam.
1.These conditions apply to every offer, quotation and agreement between Episch, hereinafter referred to as: “User”, and a Client to which the User has declared these conditions applicable, insofar as the parties have not explicitly deviated from these conditions in writing. .
2. The present conditions also apply to agreements with the User, for the implementation of which the User must involve third parties.
3. These general terms and conditions are also written for the employees of the User and his management.
4. The applicability of any purchase or other conditions of the Client is expressly rejected.
5. If one or more provisions in these general terms and conditions are at any time wholly or partially invalid or should be declared void, the other provisions in these general terms and conditions will remain fully applicable. The User and the Client will then enter into consultation in order to agree on new provisions to replace the void or voided provisions, taking into account as much as possible the purpose and purport of the original provisions.
6. If there is any uncertainty about the interpretation of one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions, the explanation must take place “in the spirit” of these provisions.
7. If a situation occurs between the parties that is not regulated in these general terms and conditions, then this situation must be assessed in the spirit of these general terms and conditions.
8.If the User does not always demand strict compliance with these conditions, this does not mean that the provisions thereof do not apply, or that the User would lose the right to demand strict compliance with the provisions of these conditions in other cases.
1. All quotations and offers from the User are without obligation, unless a period for acceptance has been set in the quotation. If no acceptance period has been set, no rights whatsoever can be derived from the quotation or offer if the product to which the quotation or the offer relates is no longer available in the meantime.
2. User cannot be held to his quotes or offers if the Client can reasonably understand that the quotes or offers, or a part thereof, contain an obvious mistake or error.
3. The prices stated in a quotation or offer are exclusive of VAT and other government levies, any costs to be incurred in the context of the agreement, including travel and accommodation, shipping and administration costs, unless indicated otherwise.
4. If the acceptance (whether or not on minor points) deviates from the offer included in the quotation or the offer, the User is not bound by this. The agreement will then not be concluded in accordance with this deviating acceptance, unless the User indicates otherwise.
5. A compound quotation does not oblige User to perform part of the assignment against a corresponding part of the stated price. Offers or quotations do not automatically apply to future orders.
1. The agreement between the User and the Client is entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless the nature of the agreement dictates otherwise or if the parties expressly agree otherwise in writing.
2. If a period has been agreed or stated for the execution of certain activities or for the delivery of certain goods, this is never a strict deadline. If a term is exceeded, the Client must therefore give the User written notice of default. The user must be offered a reasonable period of time to still implement the agreement.
3. User shall execute the agreement to the best of his knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship. All this on the basis of the current state of science.
4. The user has the right to have certain work done by third parties. The applicability of Article 7: 404, 7: 407 paragraph 2 and 7: 409 of the Dutch Civil Code is expressly excluded.
5. If work is carried out by the User or third parties engaged by the User in the context of the assignment at the location of the Client or at a location designated by the Client, the Client shall provide the facilities reasonably required by those employees free of charge.
6. Delivery takes place from the User’s company. The Client is obliged to take delivery of the goods at the moment that they are made available to him. If the Client refuses to take delivery or fails to provide information or instructions that are necessary for the delivery, then the User is entitled to store the goods at the Client’s expense and risk. The risk of loss, damage or depreciation is transferred to the Client at the time when items are available to the Client.
7. The user is entitled to execute the agreement in different phases and to invoice the executed part separately.
8. If the agreement is implemented in phases, the User may suspend the implementation of those parts that belong to a subsequent phase until the Client has approved the results of the preceding phase in writing.
9. The Client will ensure that all data, of which the User indicates that they are necessary or which the Client should reasonably understand to be necessary for the execution of the agreement, is provided to the User in a timely manner. If the data required for the implementation of the agreement are not provided to the User in time, the User has the right to suspend the performance of the agreement and / or to charge the Client for the additional costs resulting from the delay in accordance with the then usual rates. bring. The execution period does not commence until the Client has made the data available to the User. The User is not liable for damage of whatever nature caused by the fact that the User relied on incorrect and / or incomplete information provided by the Client.
10. If during the execution of the agreement it appears that for a proper execution thereof it is necessary to change or supplement it, then the parties will proceed to adjust the agreement in a timely manner and in mutual consultation. If the nature, scope or content of the agreement, whether or not at the request or instruction of the Client, of the competent authorities, etc., is changed and the agreement is thereby amended in qualitative and / or quantitative terms, this may have consequences for what was originally agreed. As a result, the originally agreed amount can also be increased or decreased. The user will quote as much as possible in advance. Furthermore, the originally specified term of implementation can be changed by changing the agreement. The Client accepts the possibility of amending the agreement, including the change in price and execution time.
11. If the agreement is amended, including an addition, the User is entitled to implement it only after approval has been given by the person authorized within the User and the Client has agreed to the price and other conditions specified for the implementation. , including the then to be determined time at which it will be implemented. Failure or immediate implementation of the amended agreement does not constitute a breach of contract on the part of the User and does not constitute grounds for the Client to terminate or cancel the agreement.
12. Without being hold in contempt, the User may refuse a request to amend the agreement if this could result in qualitative and / or quantitative respect, for example, for the work to be performed or the goods to be delivered in that context.
13. If the Client should fail to properly comply with what it is bound to the User, the Client will be liable for any damage caused directly or indirectly to the User as a result of this.
14. If the User agrees a fixed fee or price with the Client, the User is nevertheless entitled to increase this fee or price at any time without the Client being entitled in that case to terminate the agreement for that reason, if the increase in the price arises from a power or obligation under the laws or regulations or is caused by an increase in the price of raw materials, wages, etc. or on other grounds that were not reasonably foreseeable when entering into the agreement.
15. If the price increase, other than as a result of a change to the agreement, exceeds 10% and takes place within three months after the conclusion of the agreement, then only the Client is entitled to appeal to Title 5, Section 3 of Book 6 of the Dutch Civil Code. entitled to dissolve the agreement by means of a written statement, unless the User is then still prepared to execute the agreement on the basis of the originally agreed upon; if the price increase results from a power or an obligation resting on the User under the law; if it is stipulated that the delivery will take place longer than three months after the conclusion of the agreement;
or, upon delivery of an item, if it is stipulated that the delivery will take place longer than three months after the purchase.
1. The user is entitled to suspend the fulfillment of the obligations or to dissolve the agreement if the Client does not, not fully or not timely, fulfill the obligations arising from the agreement, after the conclusion of the agreement, circumstances that come to the knowledge of the User give good ground to fear that the Client will not fulfill its obligations if, at the conclusion of the agreement, the Client has been requested to provide security for the fulfillment of its obligations under the agreement and this security is not provided or is insufficient or if due to the delay on the side the Client can no longer be expected to comply with the agreement under the originally agreed conditions.
2. The User is also entitled to terminate the agreement if circumstances arise that are of such a nature that fulfillment of the agreement is impossible or if circumstances otherwise arise that are of such a nature that unchanged maintenance of the agreement cannot reasonably be assumed by the User. be required.
3. If the agreement is dissolved, the User’s claims against the Client are immediately due and payable. If the User suspends compliance with the obligations, he retains his rights under the law and the agreement.
4. If the User proceeds to suspension or dissolution, he is in no way liable for compensation of damage and costs arising in any way.
5. If the termination is attributable to the Client, the User is entitled to compensation for the damage, including the costs, arising directly and indirectly as a result.
6. If the Client fails to fulfill its obligations arising from the agreement and this non-compliance justifies dissolution, then the User is entitled to dissolve the agreement immediately and with immediate effect without any obligation on its part to pay any compensation or compensation, while the Client, due to non-performance, compensation or compensation is required.
7. If the agreement is terminated prematurely by the User, the User will arrange for the transfer of work still to be performed to third parties in consultation with the Client. This unless the cancellation is attributable to the Client. If the transfer of the activities entails additional costs for the User, these will be charged to the Client. The Client is obliged to pay these costs within the specified period, unless the User indicates otherwise.
8. In the event of liquidation, (application for) suspension of payment or bankruptcy, of seizure – if and insofar as the seizure has not been lifted within three months – at the expense of the Client, of debt rescheduling or any other circumstance whereby the Client is not can freely dispose of his assets for a longer period of time, the User is free to terminate the agreement immediately and with immediate effect or to cancel the order or agreement, without any obligation on his part to pay any compensation or compensation. The User’s claims against the Client are immediately due and payable in that case.
9. If the Client cancels an order in whole or in part, the work that has been carried out and the items ordered or prepared for it, plus any delivery and delivery costs thereof and the working time reserved for the execution of the agreement, be fully charged to the Client.
1. The user is not obliged to fulfill any obligation towards the Client if he is prevented from doing so as a result of a circumstance that is not due to fault, and neither under the law, a legal act or generally accepted views at his expense. coming.
2. Force majeure is understood in these general terms and conditions, in addition to what is understood in this regard by law and case law, all of external causes, foreseen or unforeseen, over which the User cannot influence, but as a result of which the User is unable to fulfill his obligations. to come. Strikes in the business of the User or third parties included. The User also has the right to invoke force majeure if the circumstance that prevents (further) fulfillment of the agreement occurs after the User should have fulfilled his obligation.
3. User can suspend the obligations under the agreement during the period that the force majeure continues. If this period lasts longer than two months, then each of the parties is entitled to terminate the agreement, without obligation to compensate damage to the other party.
4. Insofar as the User has at the time of the occurrence of force majeure partly fulfilled his obligations under the agreement or will be able to fulfill them, and the independent or fulfilled part is assigned independent value, the User is entitled to fulfill the already fulfilled or to fulfill part to be invoiced separately. The Client is obliged to pay this invoice as if it were a separate agreement.
1. Payment must always be made within 14 days after the invoice date, in a manner to be indicated by the User in the currency in which the invoice is made, unless otherwise indicated by the User in writing. User is entitled to invoice periodically.
2. If the Client fails to pay an invoice on time, the Client is legally in default. The Client will then owe an interest of 1% per month, unless the legal interest is higher, in which case the legal interest is due. The interest on the claimable amount will be calculated from the moment that the Client is in default until the moment of payment of the full amount due.
3. The user is entitled to have the payments made by the Client go first of all to reduce the costs, then to reduce the interest still due and finally to reduce the principal sum and the current interest. The User can, without being in default as a result, refuse an offer for payment if the Client designates a different order for the allocation of the payment. The user can refuse full repayment of the principal if the vacant and accrued interest and collection costs are not also paid.
4. The Client is never entitled to set off what it owes to the User. Objections to the amount of an invoice do not suspend the payment obligation. The Client who does not appeal to section 6.5.3 (articles 231 up to and including 247, book 6 of the Dutch Civil Code) is also not entitled to suspend payment of an invoice for any other reason.
5. If the Client is in default in the (timely) fulfillment of its obligations, then all reasonable costs for obtaining satisfaction out of court will be borne by the Client. The default of the Client who is a natural person, who does not act in the course of a profession or business (private client), occurs after he is reminded to pay within fourteen days after the date of reminder and payment is not made. The reminder also indicates the consequences of the failure to pay. The extrajudicial costs are calculated on the basis of what is customary in Dutch collection practice. However, if the User has incurred higher costs for collection that were reasonably necessary and the Client is not a natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business (business client), the costs actually incurred are eligible for reimbursement. Any legal and execution costs incurred will also be recovered from the Client. The Client also owes interest on the collection costs.
1. The items supplied by the User under the agreement remain the property of the User until the Client has properly fulfilled all obligations arising from the agreement (s) concluded with the User.
2. The items supplied by the User that fall under the retention of title pursuant to paragraph 1. may not be resold and may never be used as a means of payment. The Client is not authorized to pledge or encumber the property subject to retention of title in any other way.
3. The Client must always do everything that can reasonably be expected of it in order to safeguard the ownership rights of the User. If third parties seize the goods delivered under retention of title or wish to establish or enforce rights thereon, the Client is obliged to immediately inform the User thereof. Furthermore, the Client undertakes to insure and keep insured the goods delivered under retention of title against fire, explosion and water damage as well as against theft and to provide the User with the policy of this insurance for inspection upon first request. In the event of payment of the insurance, the User is entitled to these tokens. Insofar as necessary, the Client undertakes vis-à-vis the User in advance to lend its cooperation to everything that may prove to be necessary or desirable in that context.
4. In the event that the User wishes to exercise his ownership rights as referred to in this article, the Client gives the User unconditional and irrevocable permission in advance to enter all those places where the User’s property is located and to return it to take.
1. The items to be supplied by the User meet the usual requirements and standards that can reasonably be imposed on them at the time of delivery and for which they are intended for normal use in the Netherlands. The guarantee referred to in this article applies to items that are intended for use within the Netherlands. For use outside the Netherlands, the Client must verify for itself whether the use thereof is suitable for use there and meet the conditions set for this. In that case, the User may set different warranty and other conditions with regard to the items to be delivered or work to be performed.
2. The guarantee referred to in paragraph 1 of this article applies for a period of ……… after delivery, unless the nature of the delivery dictates otherwise or the parties have agreed otherwise. If the guarantee provided by the User relates to an item produced by a third party, then the guarantee is limited to that provided by the producer of the item for it, unless stated otherwise.
3. Every form of guarantee will lapse if a defect has arisen as a result of or results from improper or improper use thereof or use after the expiry date, improper storage or maintenance thereof by the Client and / or third parties when, without written permission from The User, the Client or third parties have made changes to the case or have attempted to make changes, other things have been confirmed to them or that have been processed or processed in a manner other than the prescribed manner. The Client is also not entitled to a guarantee if the defect has arisen due to or is the result of circumstances over which the User cannot influence, including weather conditions (such as, but not limited to, extreme rainfall or temperatures), et cetera.
4. The Client is obliged to investigate the goods supplied or have them examined, immediately as soon as the goods are made available to him or the relevant activities have been carried out. In addition, the Client should investigate whether the quality and / or quantity of the delivery corresponds to what has been agreed and meets the requirements that the parties have agreed in this regard. Any visible defects must be reported to the User in writing within seven days of delivery. Any non-visible defects must be reported to the User in writing immediately, but in any case no later than fourteen days after discovery thereof. The report must contain a description of the defect that is as detailed as possible, so that the User is able to respond adequately. The Client must give the User the opportunity to investigate a complaint or have it investigated.
5. If the Client complains in time, this does not suspend its payment obligation. In that case, the Client also remains obliged to purchase and pay for the otherwise ordered items and what they have instructed the User to do.
6. If a defect is reported later, the Client will no longer be entitled to repair, replacement or compensation.
7. If it is established that an item is defective and a timely complaint has been made in that regard, the User will within a reasonable period after receipt thereof return or, if return is not reasonably possible, written notification of the defect by the Client, at the option of User, replace or arrange for repair thereof or replace replacement fee therefor to the Client. In the event of replacement, the Client is obliged to return the replaced item to the User and to transfer ownership to the User, unless the User indicates otherwise.
8. If it is established that a complaint is unfounded, then the costs incurred as a result, including the research costs incurred by the User as a result, will be borne in full by the Client.
9. After the warranty period has expired, all costs for repair or replacement, including administration, shipping and call-out costs, will be charged to the Client.
10. Contrary to the statutory limitation periods, the limitation period of all claims and defenses against the User and the third parties involved by the User in the execution of an agreement is one year.
1. If the User should be liable, then this liability is limited to the provisions of this provision.
2. The user is not liable for damage, of whatever nature, caused by the fact that the user relied on incorrect and / or incomplete data provided by or on behalf of the Client.
3. If the User is liable for any damage, then the liability of the User is limited to a maximum of twice the invoice value of the order, at least to that part of the order to which the liability relates.
4. The liability of the User is in any case always limited to the amount paid out by his insurer where appropriate.
5. The user is only liable for direct damage.
6. Direct damage is exclusively understood to mean the reasonable costs for determining the cause and the extent of the damage, insofar as the determination relates to damage within the meaning of these terms and conditions, any reasonable costs incurred to compensate the User for poor performance. to have the agreement answered, insofar as these can be attributed to the User and reasonable costs incurred to prevent or limit damage, insofar as the Client demonstrates that these costs have led to limitation of direct damage as referred to in these general terms and conditions. The user is never liable for indirect damage, including consequential damage, lost profit, missed savings and damage due to business interruption.
7. The limitations of liability included in this article do not apply if the damage is due to intent or gross negligence on the part of the User or his managerial subordinates.
8.The User is not liable for any form of damage or undesired results as a result of the (incorrect) implementation of the diagnosis, advice, steps or goals as designed in the free service ‘Consultancy Conversation’ in the policy of the contractor.
1. All legal relationships to which the User is a party are exclusively governed by Dutch law, even if an obligation is fully or partially implemented abroad or if the party involved in the legal relationship is domiciled there. The applicability of the Vienna Sales Convention is excluded.
2. The judge in the place of business of the User is exclusively authorized to take cognizance of disputes, unless the law prescribes otherwise. Nevertheless, the User has the right to submit the dispute to the competent court according to the law.
3. Parties will only appeal to the courts after they have made every effort to settle a dispute in mutual consultation.
1. The most recently filed version or the version as it applied at the time the legal relationship with the User was established is always applicable.
2. The Dutch text of the general terms and conditions always determines the explanation thereof. Episch is not responsible for any misunderstandings due to faults in the translation of this document.